COVID-19 risk assessment
BASEC is required to publish a COVID-19 risk assessment and details of the practical steps being taken to implement stricter health, safety & government guidance measures.
COVID-19 risk assessment
Click to view the full BASEC risk assessment by category, outlining the hazards & consequences, measures currently in place, risk ratings and any additional requirements.
Guidance for Employees based on UK Gov guidance of 19th January 2022
The following safety guidelines have been put in place to protect staff, our friends and family and must be followed when attending BASEC’s UK site. BASEC encourages all members of staff to stay safe, wear appropriate PPE including facemasks where appropriate and be vaccinated at the earliest opportunity.
- While Covid19 related controls have been relaxed in the UK apart from shops, educational settings, public transport and international travel, BASEC will retain some controls for a period and will review risks to our business periodically.
- Employees must remain at home if they have covid-19 symptoms such as raised temperature and persistent dry cough and be tested as soon as possible.
- Government guidance should be followed upon a positive test, and the same applies should a member of their household show covid-19 symptoms.
- Those contacted by track and trace must follow government guidance.
- Laboratory based employees working from site will continue to work as before, with office staff returning to the office for two days/ week from Tuesday 25th January.
- Going forward the expectation is that we will return to working from the office on core office days i.e., from Tuesday to Thursday with this to be kept under review.
- Face masks are available for employees and while optional we recommend that these are worn in the laboratory, common areas and moving between offices.
- Customers will be allowed on site as agreed by the management team.
- Maintenance should be authorised and undertaken after 3pm whenever possible.
- • All visitors must be escorted, register on site, and follow our site induction process.
- Visitors must not leave reception unless under BASEC supervision, and must wear facemasks, and safety shoes when visiting the Laboratory.
- Soap and hand sanitisers will be available in all areas, and regular use recommended.
- All offices/lab areas be cleaned frequently and thoroughly with surface sanitiser, including desks and door handles.
- Employees should regularly clean work areas with the cleaning products provided.
- Cleaning checklists and surface sanitiser placed around the laboratory beside frequently used equipment should be used to check and ensure regular cleaning.
- Floor markers placed around communal areas are in place to direct traffic and aid social distancing, and mirrors are placed in corridors to check for traffic; please THINK and keep your distance when approaching other employees.
- We recommend that face masks and shields are used for any close contact work, shields must be cleaned down with disinfectant prior to use and after use.
- Social distancing is recommended with breaks staggered to maintain space, and a maximum of 6 recommended in the kitchen at one time.
- Good ventilation is recommended with doors and windows used to promote airflow
- Leaving times should be staggered to avoid congregation in the reception.
- login app should be used to minimise risks of Covid transmission when registering entry and exit
Please do not hesitate to contact your line manager or HR if you have any questions or concerns.
Guidance for Visitors based on UK Gov guidance of 19th January 2022
We would like to assure you that BASEC is still following a strict process to safeguard our employees, customers and service providers. Our process is based on advice from the UK Government and the World Health Organisation, and is being reviewed on a regular basis.
Our primary concern is for the safety and welfare of our employees, customers and service providers.
We have implemented the following for all our Visitors onsite at BASEC premises.
• Only essential visitors as agreed by the management team will be permitted on the premises for the foreseeable future to protect both employees and visitors.
• Where possible these should be scheduled after 3pm the lab operating time to minimise contact.
• Visitors will be requested to provide details of any overseas travel prior to attending BASEC premises
• All visitors will have to confirm that they have been vaccinated prior to attending site
• Each visitor is requested to carry out a thorough hand wash on arrival and are required to regularly hand wash and make use of the alcohol-based hand sanitiser dispensers around the premises.
• All visitors will observe a 2-meter distance between themselves and others and required to pay attention to the floor markings to assist in this.
• Employees have been instructed to NOT shake hands with anyone.
• All visitors are required to wear appropriate PPE - including face masks where appropriate.
We are pleased to be able to welcome you to our premises should your visit be of an essential nature and would like to thank you for your continued support; if you have any concerns please do not hesitate to contact us.