The British Approvals Service for Cables (BASEC) is a global leader in product testing and certification services for power, energy, data/signal cables and ancillary products, in addition to related quality management systems.
Please see below our current opportunities.
If you are interested in applying for any of the below positions please send your C.V to Ola Taiwo.
BASEC Job Description - JD 019 Issue 3
Reporting to: Technical Director
Relevance of Position: Responsible to the Technical Director for Compliance, Technical and General Duties, and to the Board of Management and Impartiality Committee, through the Chief Executive and Technical Director, for Compliance Reporting Duties.
Key Contacts / Relationships: Senior BASEC staff, Certification and Laboratory operational and administrative staff, including auditors (staff and subcontractors).
- Manage accreditations and quality management for the BASEC group’s certification and testing activities to ISO/IEC 17021-1, ISO/IEC 17065, and ISO/IEC 17025, adopting the quality manager role and liaising with accreditation bodies. Duties include the design, maintenance and revision of the applied quality system, scopes, manuals, procedures, other documents and related records, providing oversight of internal quality control, competency, calibration / verification, action chasing and internal reporting.
- Manage the BASEC group’s technical recognitions and appointments with regulatory bodies, specifier groups and related activities, including Notified Body activities.
- Provide regular reports on compliance, accreditation, quality and recognition issues to management, and to the Certification Committee (Impartiality Committee) and Board.
Technical and General Duties:
- Oversee BASEC’s acquisition and use of external technical standards and related documents, including library maintenance and the conduct of technical reviews.
- Undertake certification / testing scheme development projects, and internal standards development projects in co-ordination with the Technical Director.
- Support BASEC’s response to technical enquiries (via email, phone, website), routing these appropriately to the sales, technical, or other teams.
- Co-ordinate and manage the complaints process in co-ordination with the Technical Director, including complaint receipt, testing and site visits (as required), determination and reporting to complainant parties and to the Certification Committee.
- Undertake technical contract review activities, and other office based duties as instructed by the Technical Director.
- Any other reasonable request of management.
- Personal Health & Safety responsibilities.
The following is applicable in relation to this position:
- The role reports to the Technical Director for line management functions.
- There is a functional reporting line to other senior staff including the Chief Executive for Compliance Duties.
- The role [works closely with / line manages] the Documentation Coordinator.
- This position is based at the BASEC offices in Milton Keynes but may also be required to visit other locations, such as sites, factories, facilities and offices of other organisations including, but not limited to, clients, partners or subcontractors, anywhere in the world.
1. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
2. Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar technical role.
3. Knowledge of standards, accreditation, certification and testing activities.
4. Proven ability as a self-starter, and to meet targets.
1. Experience of cable manufacturing.
2. Knowledge of management system standards.
3. Knowledge of cable / electrical / polymer standards.
4. Knowledge and experience of manufacturing / process industries.
5. International business experience.
6. Project management experience.
Qualifications, Education and Training
1. Degree level qualification in engineering, physical science or a related numerate discipline.
2. Lead auditor qualified for QMS (training will be provided).
1. Lead auditor qualified for EMS and/or H&SMS.